Wednesday, May 27


the ultimate distraction (気の散る)

No matter how motivated I am to work / do something useful, the motivation always dissipates at the precise moment I turn the internet on. Some unimportant website (blog, Facebook, last.fm etc) can distract my attention for hours at a time, while the time I set aside for important things slowly passes by.

It's frustrating because nothing gets achieved during the time spent browsing, and it's ironic because even as I write this I'm supposed to be either tidying up, washing up, proof reading an essay, revising for an exam, or having lunch...

But alas.

6 Comments:

SelfRevolution said...

That really is so true, I think everyone's guilty of this to some extent, but me, you and a few others in particular are the worst for it.

Anonymous said...

It's ridiculous! The fact that I intend to do something productive; if I set out with the intention of doing no work then I wouldn't mind so much because I'd just be being lazy, but it makes no sense! Yeah, we're definitely prime candidates...

Charles said...

we type the same

Anonymous said...

how so?

Charles said...

Just sounds like something I'd say and how I'd say it.

Anonymous said...

must be Mr Perrott's skillz