Monday, August 10

20p each or 4 for £1! (ポンド)


The title of this post refers to the kind but inconsistent logic of the local shop assistant, which allowed me to buy a single packet of '4 for £1' biscuits for 20p and brighten my day immensely. The reason my day was not sufficiently brightened beforehand is I spent a large amount of it ungloved and hunched awkwardly in someone else's garden, pulling up a plenitude of thorned weeds.

However despite not being bright, it wasn't dark either. It was dimly lit. The prospect of payment provided much needed lumination throughout, which was reinforced by budget biscuits at the end of it. Further reinforcement came via listing my first item on Amazon for a healthy £4.25, and an email from a Torontian friend informing me that she'd happily view properties for me, removing the possibility of living somewhere for 4 months that I had not seen or evaluated beforehand.

Tonight I intend to settle on the travel insurance I'll be buying, and update my "Toronto budget" spreadsheet, and intelligent little document I whipped up yesterday, accordingly. Check back soon for more exciting updates!

0 Comments: