Friday, August 7

new email system (メール)


After weeks of deliberation, today finally saw the implementation of a whole new personal email system. And by 'personal', I don't mean my own email server or anything equally absurd, but instead a method of virtual filing so confusing that no others would likely consider it.

Basically, I now have 3 email addresses: one 'formal', from which I send any correspondences wherein I don't want to sound like a dorky teenager; one 'old', which as the name suggests has been around for a while; and one 'new', which suggests the contrary.

The 'new' one can send and receive emails from both the 'formal' and it's own address, a feature gmail offers which I find rather nifty. The 'formal' one receives a copy of any correspondences sent with it's name from the 'new' account, as well as any email sent directly to it. The 'old' one receives a copy of everything sent to the 'formal' and 'new' addresses, as well as anything sent directly to it (and a healthy amount of spam. Just over 1000 in 4 days is the record so far).

The goal is to have one sign in I can use to send and receive any important messages (the 'new' one), and another acting as an all-encompassing archive of every message, important, spam or otherwise, I receive (the 'old' one). The 'formal' one will never be signed into itself, but instead any messages needing to be sent from it will be sent through the 'new' one, with thanks to gmail's aformentioned nifty feature.

I hope that brief nugget of techno-babble has enhanced your day at least a little.

0 Comments: