Thursday, August 13

a Smoot too far... (スムット)


As some of you may be aware, I recently had my haircut. My hair was between 0.176 and 0.235 Smoots long before, but now it's about 0.017 Smoots all over. I'm thinking now that the 0.146 Smoot minimum that was cut off was too much, and I should have gone for a comfortable middle distance, (around 0.117 Smoots?) like the length it was in late Summer / early Autumn last year.

I'm still not used to several things: the sound of wind in my ears, for example. It's been a while since the wind was able to penetrate the full Smootiness of my hair. My head's the wrong shape now as well, and ergo my shadow. Instead of casting a mushroom cloud shaped shadow as before, it's a boring human head shape now. And perhaps the most perplexing thing to comprehend, is that the elastic-banded ponytails of hair laying on my dining room table could be worth money. Money, for hair. It's madness.

By the way: a 'Smoot' is a nonstandard unit of measurement which piqued my interest. Read about it on Wikipedia if you so desire. I was going to name this post as I did whether it related to Smoots or not, so I guess it's lucky it did.

2 Comments:

agnieszka said...

i liked your long hair !

Christopher Lee said...

I did too! But it was too much effort haha