Sunday, June 7

last day in the bubble (泡)


In the early hours of Sunday June 7th, after eating my last takeaway of first year University, I started packing the majority of the stuff in my room whilst intermittently dancing to 'Superman' by Black Lace with Charlotte, Simon and Tom.

I then went to bed shortly after 3am after saying bye to Dave, and Dan apologising to Charlotte for the inconvenience he'd caused the previous week. Going to bed so late ruined the plan of getting up at 9 and finishing off packing; instead I got up just after 1pm and had to hurriedly pack with Charlotte, meaning my stuff was a lot less neat than desired, and also a lot less efficiently packed. Mum arrived and we took a couple of bags to the car, then went to take back library books, pick up my yearbook, and get lunch at the Sneyd Arms.

Lunch was nice, I had the meal I'd decided against every previous time I'd been in there previously; a spicy cajun chicken burger with Jalapeños and cheese. It was delicious. After lunch we drove back to Horwood, and Charlotte, Simon, Tom and Gerry helped me take all the stuff to the car, while Mum crammed it in.

We left shortly after 4, following (fairly) emotional goodbyes. Luckily we remembered to take the key back just after leaving campus, rather than half way home. The journey back was fairly uneventful. We went on a toll road where the signs said "tender exact fare" - a slightly confusing way of wording it I thought. We also stopped in some services for the loo and a quick snack.

I can't believe how short a time it seems since we did the same journey the other way (I.E when I started at Keele last September)... We got back to London just after 8.

0 Comments: