Saturday, September 26

6 course breakfast and strange civilisations


So, me and James crashed at Neil & co's after the Frat party last night. Due to the copious amounts of alcohol ingested, I felt a bit queasy in the morning, and I think James did too. We decided a good breakfast was in order.

The other James suggested a place on Bloor Street, which would've been a maximum 5 minute walk away. The originally mentioned James, however, suggested a place on College Street, and assured me it would be a maximum 15 minute walk away.

45 minutes later, shaky from hunger and feeling sick from last night, we arrived at our destination. The walk was torture; we'd passed several breakfast-capable restaurants, a McDonalds, numerous pizza houses, and another McDonalds on the way.

Nevertheless, we'd arrived. And we intended to take full advantage of the place. They offered an all you can eat breakfast for $13 (~£8.50?), with everything from cereal, to fried food, to omelettes, to fruit, to jelly and cake. Naturally it was my intention to try them all.

I had 6 courses, which you can see below:



From left to right, top to bottom, they were: waffles and pancakes with maple syrup; what I've dubbed the "full Canadian", because of it's slight resemblance to a full English; the palette cleanser (fruit and cake); Fruit Loops (the best cereal on the planet); jelly and cake; and a banana for the road.

By my working, that qualifies as "tak[ing] full advantage of the place"!

I forget what happened immediately after, probably due to the food induced haze, but we ended up at James' slightly after. I think we went to the bank, found it was shut, and got a streetcar west on College to the subway, but that hypothesis is open for debate.

When we arrived at James', we played Civilisation something or other. It's in a numbered series, and has expansion packs so I'm unsure of the full title, but basically it's a strategy game wherein you develop a fledgling civilisation with the ultimate goal of obliterating all other human life in the computer generated world.

It was good, however I noticed a few historical inconsistencies: For example, my 4000BC Hindu Roman's, who had recently invented Stonehenge, didn't seem to be wearing togas.

I'm sure Romans wore togas...

0 Comments: