Tuesday, September 1

pre-departure thoughts #2 (二)


Sorted LOADS out for Canada today: Got myself a new document folder and arranged all my Uni, bank, Student Finance correspondences and other (semi)important documents. Got a new outfit for the plane (some strange quirk I have); black stonewashed jeans and a blue shirt with white stripes. Got some Canadian Dollars, $170 to be precise, courtesy of my Mum which is massively appreciated!

It's so weird how different I feel about going each day. Yesterday I was quite apprehensive, whereas today I can't wait. Saying goodbye to more people for the last time 'til I go sort of brings home that it's actually happening (today it was my Uncle and cousin). And so do the 'good luck' texts/emails/messages that have started arriving, which are nice.

I'm waiting on confirmation of an airport pick-up on arrival, as well as a couple of emails detailing last minute things I may have failed to consider. I'll probably do a couple more of these posts, because as I said I feel completely different about it all the time.


My daily budget is now £7.56 by the way :)

0 Comments: