Tuesday, September 1

pre-departure thoughts #1 (一)


So, 7 days today I'll be in Canada. It's 185 hours, which is technically 7.7 days, but taking into account time zone differences, I'll be there in a week.

That's a daunting thought. I've said goodbye to my Grandparents for the last time until December. I've spent my last full month in the UK. I've started packing, and my stomach has started going over when I think about going. But I've been reading around TravelDK, Now, and Eye (the latter 2 are Torontian magazines), and I've found some useful information:

"plan to arrive with at least $50 to $100 in local currency and acquire change as soon as you can for tipping and transit."

They have a V-Fest in Toronto as well. Moshing is prohibited "due to the possible injuries that could occur from ... such activities."

and

"just because you're sitting at a desk, doesn't mean you're doing real work."



I think the last one relates to me right now.

0 Comments: